Sunday, April 19, 2009

Home Entertainment Center

This morning I was woken up at 10:30 by music blasting at a ridiculous volume from the boyfriend’s truck. This is the kind of volume that can be heard clearly in every direction for a couple blocks’ radius. Even more so because this is a quiet family neighborhood and I don’t think anyone told them that: they are neither quiet, nor a family in anything but the very loosest of definitions (similar to the boyfriend’s muscular definition).

I think my window is actually a speaker wired to his truck. I even brought a friend into my room and he agreed that there was nowhere in the house where the music was louder than in my bed (yes I made him lie in my bed and yes that is how I get guys into my bed and yes he did enjoy it). This might be because the window might be open behind the blinds, but I’m afraid to open them because if I make eye contact I may turn to stone.

So why listen to music from your parked truck in the driveway? The only thing I can think of is that maybe they forgot how to get back into the house. Or maybe they “read” somewhere that playing the radio in a parked truck will actually refuel the vehicle based on the decibel level. Maybe they are under the impression that by contributing to noise pollution, surely that must detract from other types of pollution. There’s got to be a cap on the overall pollution of the Earth, so it stands to reason that if you really indulge in one type it must lessen the others. Apparently, later on in the day, they did figure out how to get back into the house because I could hear the music from the house with doors closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment