Friday, May 08, 2009

MySpew

As some of you may have noticed, we’ve been promoting this blog on a number of social networking websites. One of the major sites that we’ve left out is MySpace. Here’s why. In one of Helga’s numerous phone conversations, I heard her mention her MySpace page. Not only does this verify that only freaks and weirdos use MySpace (actually, come to think of it, our target audience), but it also implies that making a MySpace page for WTFN would be one step closer to detection, and thereby, death (in this case). I already cannot bring myself to think of what will happen when they find out about this blog. It is one of the top four things Josh & I have agreed never to discuss (the other things are the cancelation of Stella, the terrorist organization that I briefly led in college, and that one premeditated gay orgy).

I also pray daily that they don't have Facebook. If they have facebook, the Neighborhoods application is a time bomb waiting to go off. Really, Josh & I should simply remove it, but it's so rad! And how will Helga find us when only 1/2 of us is using his real name and there are over 11 people to choose from in our neighborhood? For even more protection, I use abbreviations like "ave" and "apt" in my profile instead of writing out the entire word, so there is no chance of them tracing me. "Josh O." on the other hand...

This also finally puts to rest the ever-pressing question (and tired joke) of do they have/understand the internet. Or maybe not. I wouldn't put it past ol' Helga to only discuss MySpace because all the other cool kids are doing it. She also takes this approach with exercise, parenting, books, morals, and swimming.

1 comment:

  1. I knew she couldn't swim - that liar!!!

    ReplyDelete