Friday, April 10, 2009

If I Ran The Circus (I Wouldn't Put It Here)

It is a circus outside. The little girl is sitting in the drivers seat of the car with the dog in her lap while the other 2 little girls sit on the trunk of the car. I'm going to refer to the girl in the driver's seat as Calamity Jane. I can't really tell the girls apart, but I'm going to give Helga's genes the benefit of the doubt. Let's just say there was only one "problem-child" to come out of them. The other kids are simply "good-challenged." As for the girls sitting on the trunk - perhaps Helga is training them to close car trunks that may contain "unwilling cargo" (i.e. the screaming kind). Start 'em young I always say. When I have kids, I'm going to paint them the color of the house walls so they can practice eavesdropping when we have company over.

Some woman is standing there talking to them all woman-y while swinging what seems to be a foxtail (a toy from 1983 – I checked). Now one of the girls is crawling from the the trunk to the top of the car. I can’t imagine a better place for a little girl. If she practices enough, she could ride there on family vacations to Detroit so there could be room inside the car for the important stuff. Like the 9th member of the family: an electric-blue, cardboard cutout of Dale Earnhardt signed on the mustache (you can't really see it too well; it looks like it just says, "iiiillllIIIIlllliiii").

Helga needs a cigarette break from all the inactivity. (Oh, and I didn’t actually check the date of the foxtail, but you believed me anyway).

2 comments:

  1. Here, I have two insights.

    I'll probably have an easier time catching up to you guys if I start at the beginning rather than reading these in reverse order.

    Also, Maybe we believed you because some of us have a; better things to do than look up the names and dates of availability of obscure toys that are no longer manufactured and b; tend toward giving people the benefit of the doubt rather than assuming that everyone is suspect.
    Or maybe we didn't believe you at all.

    Period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We here @ WTF, Neighbor know all about giving people the benefit of the doubt. Otherwise, we would've called the police about our neighbors weeks ago. Though it's highly likely that the police would've written it off as a crank call.

    ReplyDelete