Thursday, June 25, 2009

Last Night's Phone Conversation

10:33 PM Tuesday

5 Drinks comes out on the stoop to have her phone conversation at near shouting levels so the whole neighborhood can hear. The following are some of the highlights:

5 Drinks: "What you doing?"
5D accusatory: "Why didn't you answer my call?"
Guy responds
5D coyly: "What are you doing?"
Guy Responds
5D upset: "What took you so long (to call me back)?"
Guy Responds
5D explains: "I'm actually here by myself, they went over to ..."
At this point I was shocked because this meant that the other neighbors had actually had somewhere to go for an evening.
Also at this point I assumed she was talking to her boyfriend and was perhaps inviting him over to have sex, an assumption I thought was confirmed by the next statement.
5D: "I'm wearing knickers (seriously, who uses that word?) and a black shirt."
Guy responds negatively
5D snaps: "Excuse me if I don't look good I'm just here with boyfriend, what do you expect?"

This is where I got a little lost as it became apparent she was not talking to her boyfriend unless she has multiple men. I guess that wouldn't be all that surprising since it seems most of the guys who have been over there regularly consume more than five drinks in a sitting.

Unfortunately the rest of the conversation is unknown because she returned to the kitchen, perhaps to get her present boyfriend a sixth drink to make up for her less than appealing outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment